Monday, November 30, 2009

Another good night :-)

I am so very proud of my Nix, second trial in a row to be the only qualifier in Excellent Jumping!! It was quite a nice course, courtesy of Mel Rhoden, with a combination of flowing sections interspersed with some interesting challenges and tight turns.

I was really happy again with the way Nix was reading my body cues, especially on the serpentine out of the tunnel (which we haven't done a lot of in competition - or in training for that matter!!). My front crosses are getting faster and thus Nix is travelling a lot tighter through them. I do need to rework my start lines though - typical thing, in training I can get a really decent lead out but come to trials and it seems I can only get to the second obstacle. Another thing to add to the training list for summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment