Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010

Ok so the New Year has arrived - time to get off my butt, stop focusing on those things I have no control over and work on the things I do have control over. Time to stop making excuses for the things my dogs do that I don't like and find solutions to turn those behaviours into something more constructive!!

After a few weeks off training my dogs are well and truly ready to get back into the swing of things and so am I - time to switch the brain from holiday mode into work mode and get back into it.

So my to do list for the rest of summer.......

PHOENIX

  1. Plank work for her dog walk - give her a solid understanding of what I expect as her end criteria
  2. Weavers - Getting her consistency up on a straight set of poles without reducing her drive in them.
  3. More single jump work - mainly to improve my consistency in signals that I am giving!!!
  4. Stand for exam
  5. A new trick - yet to be decided upon.

JETZEN

  1. Targeting - lots of it.
  2. Flatwork - circle work, come to hand, etc
  3. Ignoring and not barking at the little yappy over the back fence that does not shut up!! Damn dog takes great delight in standing at the back fence and trying to raz my dogs up - grrr.
  4. Positions - increasing duration.
  5. A new trick - yet to be decided upon.

So there you go. Thats the start of my Summer training - deciding exactly what I want to work on - now to get on with it. So folks anytime you wish, please feel free to ask how it's going. No matter how accountable you are to yourself, there is always extra motivation in knowing other people are following up on what you are doing too!!

So to everyone - I hope you had a fabulous Christmas and wish that 2010 brings you much success in all you attempt, both with and without your canine friends. Here's to a great year!!

1 comment:

  1. I love Kelpies! My Lucy is 12 yrs old and she's the best dog that I have ever had.

    ReplyDelete